DIRECT MEETING NOTIFICATION
In compliance with Resolution No. 0-035-2005 of the City of Southside, Alabama
and the Alabama Open Meetings Act you are hereby notified the Southside City Council will hold their next meeting on
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY23rd, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. at the Southside Community Center
located at 2142 Highway 77, Southside, Alabama.
Social distancing will be observed and all attendees will need to wear a mask.
FEBRUARY 23, 2021
1. Call to order
4. Roll Call
5. Reading and approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
6. Public comments (agenda items only)
7. Old business
8. New business
- Appointment of Gene Brown to the Citizen Advisory Committee for the Metropolitan Planning Organization
9. Resolutions, ordinances, orders and other business
- A resolution to obtain a credit card for the Fire Chief Wade Buckner to be used for educational and purchasing needs of the Fire Department
- A resolution entering into an agreement with the Southside Athletic Foundation and approval of the annual donation of $25,000.00
- A resolution entering into an agreement with the Etowah County Board of Education for the annual donation of $5,000. Each to both the Southside Elementary and Southside High School to be used for school equipment
- A resolution entering into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Etowah County Board of Education and the Southside Police Department regarding the Student Resource Officers programs and objectives
- A resolution to enter into an agreement with Alabama Power in regards to upgrading lighting fixtures at the Soccer Field and the Sports Complex with LED lighting
- A resolution to purchase a 2021 Chevrolet Trail Boss 1500 4 wheel drive pick-up truck for the Fire Department from Donohoo Chevrolet in the amount of $34590.70 off the Alabama State bid T191 contract
- A resolution authorizing Sgt. Drew Works and Patrolman Baylon Fry to attend a Firearms Instructors course in Shelby County 3/1/- 3/5/2021. No advance travel requested
10. Statements of the mayor and council
- A community blood drive will be at city hall on Wednesday, March 3rd between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Please consider giving the gift of life by donating blood.
- The city council will have a work session on Thursday, March 4th at 3:00 p.m. in the council chambers at city hall
- The city will sponsor a city wide litter clean-up day on Saturday, March 6th between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12 noon. Supplies can be obtained at the Southside city hall. The community is encouraged to help with the project and take pride in your neighborhood.
- The next Planning Commission meeting will be held Monday, March 8th, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in the council chambers of the city hall.
- The next regular scheduled City Council meeting is Tuesday, March 9th at 5:30 p.m. at the Southside Community Center.
- The Alabama Severe Weather awareness week is February 21st – February 26th. Southside will be participating in the Alabama severe weather sales tax holiday Friday February 26th – Sunday February 28th. Shop local and purchase your severe weather supplies at Southside area merchants.
Cynthia B. Osborne
City of Southside
2255 Highway 77
Southside, AL 35907
Phone: 256-442-9775 Option 7 at the phone prompt(Ext.102)