Southside City Council Meeting Tuesday, 6/22/2021 5:30 p.m.
DIRECT MEETING NOTIFICATION
In compliance with Resolution No. 0-035-2005 of the City of Southside, Alabama
and the Alabama Open Meetings Act you are hereby notified the Southside City Council will hold their next meeting on TUESDAY, JUNE 22, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. at the Southside Community Center
located at 2142 Highway 77, Southside, Alabama.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
JUNE 22, 2021
1. Call to order
4. Roll Call
5. Reading and approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
6. Joyce Shelley Post Commander for VFW Post 8600 and Senior Vice – Danny Thornton will be making an award presentation to Captain Clay Johnson as the recipient of the Etowah County Top Law Enforcement Officer award for 2021. This ceremony was rescheduled from 6/8/2021 due to unforeseen circumstances.
7. Public comments (agenda items only)
8. Resolutions, ordinances, orders and other business
· A resolution to declare surplus an abandoned motorcycle
· A resolution authorizing the attendance of Municipal Judge Jonathan Welch and Court Clerk Pam Brasher to attend the AAMCMA conference in Orange Beach September 21-25th, 2021 along with an advance travel allowance
· A resolution authorizing the attendance of Animal Control Office Vegan Higginbotham to attend the Southeastern Animal Control conference in Waycross, GA, September 1st-3rd. An advance travel of $200.00 is requested.
· A resolution authorizing the attendance of Police Chief Blake Ragsdale to attend the Alabama Association of Police Chief’s annual conference in Orange Beach, August 2-5th, 2021. No advance travel requested.
· A resolution to authorizing the attendance of Office Jay Freeman to attend a Use of Force Instructors course in Mountain Brook August 30th-September 3rd. No advance travel requested.
· A resolution authorizing Revenue Officer Marsha Steward to attend via Zoom the AMROA annual summer conference August 11-13, 2021.
· A resolution to refurbish the pole Christmas decorations at a cost of $5,740.00 and to amend the budget for the expenditure
· A resolution to authorize the purchases of up to $5,000.00 in new Christmas decorations and to amend the budget for the expenditure
· A resolution to make a donation in the amount of $2,000.00 to the James M. Barrie Center
· A resolution to make application to the Alabama Community of Excellence Program
9. New business
Becky Steward requesting permission to conduct a road-block on Saturday, June 26, 2021 to help raise medical expense funds for Benson Groover who will be going to Arizona for Stem cell treatment
10. Public comments(non-agenda items)
11. Statements of the mayor and council
· The city council will hold a work session on June 30th at 1:00 p.m. at the Southside City Hall
· The next regular Planning Commission meeting will be held Monday, July 12th, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in the council chambers at city hall.
· The next regular scheduled City Council meeting will be Tuesday, July 13th, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. at the Southside Community Center.
· The city of Southside is still accepting request for proposals for the leasing of the bait shack building at the riverfront property
OMA notice posted and emailed on 06-14-2021 by Cynthia B. Osborne, City Clerk
Cynthia B. Osborne
City of Southside
2255 Highway 77
Southside, AL 35907
Phone: 256-442-9775 Option 7 at the phone prompt (Ext.102)