DIRECT MEETING NOTIFICATION
In compliance with Resolution No. 0-035-2005 of the City of Southside, Alabama
and the Alabama Open Meetings Act you are hereby notified the Southside City Council will hold their next meeting on
TUESDAY, JULY 27,2021 at 5:30 p.m. at the SOUTHSIDE COMMUNITY CENTER
located at 2255 Highway 77, Southside, Alabama.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
JULY 27, 2021
1. Call to order
4. Roll Call
5. Reading and approval of the minutes of the previous meeting (7/13/21) and (7/21/21 work session)
6. Public comments (agenda items only)
7. Resolutions, ordinances, orders and other business
- A resolution entering into a service contract for a drainage study in the amount of $3,000.00 with ACES, LLC. In reference to Hawthorne Place Subdivision
- A resolution entering into a service contract for a drainage study in the amount of $5,000.00 with ACES, LLC. In reference to Linda Lane and Christopher Street
- A resolution authorizing the mayor to go into negotiations in regards to the leasing of the Bait Shack building with the one potential vendor who submitted a request for proposal.
- A resolution amending Resolution #0-078-2021 Google Workspace additional fees $864.00 or thereabouts.
- A resolution regarding 2021 Division F Phase I Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan adoption
8. New business
Craig Scott or John Minton – Community Thanksgiving Dinner to be held at the Venue Gadsden 11/25/21
9. Public comments(non-agenda items)
10. Statements of the mayor and council
- The city council will hold a work session on Tuesday, August 3rd, at 1:00 in the council room at city hall
- The next regular Planning Commission meeting will be held Monday, August 9th, at 6:00 p.m. in the council chambers at city hall.
- The next regular scheduled City Council meeting will be Tuesday, August 10th at 5:30 p.m. at the Southside City Hall.
- Bid invitations will be advertised, posted and mailed to contractors for the repairs of the retention pond. Bids should be returned by August 23rd at 4:00 p.m. All interested parties can pick up a bid packet at the city hall for a fee of $50.00
- City Council meetings will be held at the Southside Community Center until further notice due to COVID exposure and the size of the council room at city hall
Cynthia B. Osborne
City of Southside
2255 Highway 77
Southside, AL 35907
Phone: 256-442-9775 Option 7 at the phone prompt (Ext.102)